As posted on Law is Cool, and as a courtesy of Annie Scott and Gadling, the following are some ‘non-traditional’ laws from around the world. Any thoughts?
1. Australia – It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.
2. France – Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of the music in the radio must be by French composers.
3. Thailand – It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.
4. Italy – It is an offence for women of ‘ill repute or evil looks’ to enter a cheese factory in the area of Ferrara.
5. Scotland – It is illegal to be a drunk while in possession of a cow.
6. France – It is illegal in Antibes to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background. (I hope the photo at right isn’t from Antibes!)
7. Lebanon – Men are legally allowed to have sex with animals so long as the animals are female. It is illegal to have sex with a male animal.
8. China – Women are prohibited from walking around a hotel room in the nude. A woman may only be naked whilst in the bathroom.
9. Hong Kong – A woman is legally allowed to kill her cheating husband, only if she uses her bare hands. The husband’s lover however may be killed in any manner desired.
10. Switzerland – A man may not relieve himself while standing up, after 10 P.M.