Below please find a list of select environmental reports published in July 2014.
Congressional Research Service Reports
- What Is the Farm Bill?, July 23, 2014
- State CO2 Emission Rate Goals in EPA’s Proposed Rule for Existing Power Plants, July 21, 2014
- Shipping U.S. Crude Oil by Water: Vessel Flag Requirements and Safety Issues, July 21, 2014
- U.S. Energy: Overview and Key Statistics, June 27, 2014
- EPA Regulations: Too Much, Too Little, or On Track?, July 8, 2014
- EPA’s Proposed Greenhouse Gas Regulations for Existing Power Plants: Frequently Asked Questions, July 3, 2014
- Changes in the Arctic: Background and Issues for Congress, July 2, 2014
- Army Corps of Engineers Water Resource Projects: Authorization and Appropriations, July 1, 2014
International Energy Agency (IEA)
- More Data, Less Energy: Making Network Standby More Efficient in Billions of Connected Devices (July 2, 2014)
Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- FAO’s BEFS Bioenergy and Food Security Approach
- Voluntary Standards for Sustainable Food Systems
- Multicriteria-based Ranking for Risk Management of Food-borne Parasites
National Academies Press
- Review of the Styrene Assessment in the National Toxicology Program 12th Report on Carcinogens (prepublication Jul 28, 2014)
- Climate Change Education: Engaging Family Private Forest Owners on Issues Related to Climate Change: A Workshop Summary (Jul 25, 2014)
- Lessons Learned from the Fukushima Nuclear Accident for Improving Safety of U.S. Nuclear Plants (prepublication Jul 24, 2014)
- Climate Change Education: Preparing Future and Current Business Leaders: A Workshop Summary (Jul 24, 2014)
- Reducing Coastal Risks on the East and Gulf Coasts (prepublication Jul 23, 2014)
- Enhancing the Value and Sustainability of Field Stations and Marine Laboratories in the 21st Century (prepublication Jul 23, 2014)
Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development (OECD)
- OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2014-2023
- Climate Change, Water and Agriculture Towards Resilient Systems
- Managing Environmental and Health Impacts of Uranium Mining
United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
- UNEP Year Book 2014: Emerging Issues in Our Global Environment (2014)
United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- Assessing potential effects of highway runoff on receiving-water quality at selected sites in Oregon with the Stochastic Empirical Loading and Dilution Model (SELDM), USGS Sci. Investgn. Rep. 2014-5099
- Monitoring of levees, bridges, pipelines, and other critical infrastructure during the 2011 flooding in the Mississippi River Basin: Chapter J in 2011 floods of the central United States, USGS Professional Paper: 1798-J
- Geomorphic change on the Missouri River during the flood of 2011: Chapter I in 2011 Floods of the Central United States, USGS Professional Paper: 1798-1
- Maximum known stages and discharges of New York streams and their annual exceedance probabilities through September 2011, USGS Sci. Investgn. Rep. 2014-5084
- Baseline groundwater quality from 34 wells in Wayne County, Pennsylvania, 2011 and 2013, USGS Open-File Rep. 2014-1116
- Mapping habitat for multiple species in the Desert Southwest, USGS Open-File Rep. 2014-1134
- Flood-inundation maps for the Susquehanna River near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 2013, USGS Sci. Investgn. Rep. 2014-5046
- A reconnaissance spatial and temporal assessment of methane and inorganic constituents in groundwater in bedrock aquifers, Pike County, Pennsylvania, 2012-13, USGS Sci. Investgn. Rep. 2014-5117
- Urban ecosystem services and decision making for a green Philadelphia, USGS Open-File Rep. 2014-1115
- Estimation of methane concentrations and loads in groundwater discharge to Sugar Run, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, USGS Open-File Rep. 2014-1126
- Annual agricultural pesticide use for Midwest Stream-Quality Assessment, 2012-13, USGS Data Series: 863
- Colorado River campsite monitoring, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, 1998-2012, USGS Open-File Rep. 2014-1161
United States Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Budget Issues: Opportunities to Reduce Federal Fiscal Exposures Through Greater Resilience to Climate Change and Extreme Weather GAO-14-504T: Published: Jul 29, 2014. Publicly Released: Jul 29, 2014.
- National Flood Insurance Program: Additional Guidance on Building Requirements to Mitigate Agricultural Structures’ Damage in High-Risk Areas is Needed GAO-14-583: Published: Jun 30, 2014. Publicly Released: Jul 29, 2014.
- USDA Farm Programs: Farmers Have Been Eligible for Multiple Programs and Further Efforts Could Help Prevent Duplicative Payments GAO-14-428:Published: Jul 8, 2014. Publicly Released: Jul 29, 2014.
- Drinking Water: EPA Program to Protect Underground Sources from Injection of Fluids Associated with Oil and Gas Production Needs Improvement GAO-14-555:Published: Jun 27, 2014. Publicly Released: Jul 28, 2014.
- Coastal Zone Management: Opportunities Exist for NOAA to Enhance Its Use of Performance Information GAO-14-592:Published: Jul 16, 2014. Publicly Released: Jul 16, 2014.
Climate Change Adaptation: DOD Can Improve Infrastructure Planning and Processes to Better Account for Potential Impacts GAO-14-446:Published: May 30, 2014. Publicly Released: Jun 30, 2014.
- Revitalizing Industrial Growth in Pakistan : Trade, Infrastructure, and Environmental Performance
- Climate Change and Migration : Evidence from the Middle East and North Africa
- Urban China : Toward Efficient, Inclusive, and Sustainable Urbanization
- Cleaning Pakistan’s Air : Policy Options to Address the Cost of Outdoor Air Pollution
World Resources Institute