[S]ocial media is a shift in how people discover, read and share news, information and content. It’s a fusion of sociology and technology, transforming monologues (one to many) into dialogues (many to many) and is the democratization of information, transforming people from content readers into publishers. Social media has become extremely popular because it allows people to connect in the online world to form relationships for personal, political and business use. Businesses also refer to social media as user-generated content (UGC) or consumer-generated media (CGM). — Source, Wikipedia.
Five Things To Know:
- Social media is useless without goals
- Different social media sites serve different purposes
- ‘Social media’ is a misnomer
- People want to hire other people, not businesses
- Lawyers cannot afford to be left out of the loop
Read the full article to get the full scoop. And let us know your thoughts.